Die casting manufacturing automation includes the following areas of production:
- Metal Delivery Applications
- Temperature Control
- Automated Trim Press – Loading
- Automated Trim Press – Loading
- Sub-assembly / Overmold
- Automated De-burring Cell
- Laser Marking Systems – Customer Part Identification Tracking
Die Casting Manufacturing Automation – it’s not just Robotics. Automation Saves You Money!
You are a valued customer and you will benefit with RCM’s Continued Improvement commitment process in re-investment in die casting manufacturing automation, labor and associated costs. Your costs will continue to decrease and ultimately save you money! And who doesn’t like saving money? You will appreciate competitive prices with RCM. That’s because diecasting manufacturing automation and Lean Manufacturing are RCM’s livelihood.
Providing you with premium parts, RCM has been using robotics in part extraction for over 10 years. Complex die castings made with automation technology provide you with better results in accuracy and repetition. You will find that RCM has implemented monitoring, metal handling and extended tool life in the process of casting your parts; as well as other automated die casting processes such as:
- Metal delivery applications and temperature control
- Auto loading and unloading
- Trim press automation
- Sub-assenbly / overmold
- Robotic de-burring
- Spray applications
- Laser marking part identification
Metal Delivery Applications and Temperature Control
RCM monitors temperature control from the main furnace through casting of your parts with multiple instruments including laser level indicators. Temperature monitoring ensures that thermal control is in place for your parts from start to finish to optimize process stability.
Automated Trim Press – Loading
Automated Trim Press Loading includes:
- Pre-trimming your parts
- Quenching your castings
- Inserting your castings into trim press robotically
- Inspecting your parts by operators
- Inserting your die castings into the trim press
- Removing your castings from the trim press by operators
Automated Unloaded Trim in Die Casting Manufacturing Automation
An auto unload trim automatically removes your castings from the trim press with the robot, then goes through a vision inspection system for quality defects and de-burrs your parts.
Sub-assembly / Overmold
Auto tube insertion was developed for a key customer before casting around it. A robot pulls a steel tube from an in-house developed staging system and inserts it automatically into the die. The same robot will extract the casting from the die, take it to the quench system and finally auto load it into the trim press. Discover more about how sub-assembly / overmold can help you by contacting us today!
Automated De-burring Cell
The de-burring cell takes your casting out of the trim press and then presents it to a robot which de-burrs your part including de-flashing of windows.
Laser Marking Systems in Die Casting Manufacturing Automation – Customer Part Identification Tracking
Laser marking systems for part identification and tracking were implemented for a key customer. This was done as part of RCM’s Continuous Improvement Program, enhancing customer satisfaction and an upgrade in production supply chain monitoring. (Scroll to the bottom to see the video.)
This customer came to RCM Industries looking for a solution to identify part lots and part production trace-ability for raw material through end customer purchase. The customer was looking to have the traceability of the part identification implemented with accurate and consistent laser mark quality that could be read 100% of the time through the entire supply chain.
- Before implementation, the shift, casting date and the division casting the product could be tracked
- RCM program managed the implementation in part identification trace-ability
- You can trace this down to the individual cycle the part was made with a data matrix, like a bar code, by scanning it to obtain specific information
- You can scan the details of the machine number that made the part and find out such things as:
- The cavity number (that is related to the die)
- Your part number
- The cycle, shift, day, month and year the casting was made
- Your unique serial number tracking back to our shot-monitoring system for specific process related information
You gain advantages in aluminum die castings solutions with RCM Industries’ Continuous Improvement program. Discover how laser marking can help You by contacting us today!