Inland Die Casting was founded in 1953 in Wheeling, Illinois. Once a small subsidiary of Aallied Die Casting Company of Illinois, Inland has grown to a 106,000 square foot modern facility, and has been a part of the RCM family of companies since its acquisition in 1977. As an RCM division, Inland has full access to the leading-edge resources of the combined RCM corporate-wide operations.
For further information regarding any of our processes or capabilities,please contact us at [email protected]
Grand Total Manufacturing Space:
106,000 square feet
Aluminum: 360, 380, 383, 413
Quality System Certifications:
- ISO/TS 16949: 2009- Certified by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance, Inc.
- ISO 9001, 2008- Certified by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance, Inc.
Die Casting Capabilities:
- (17) state of the art die casting machines ranging from 400 tons to 2000 tons with real-time shot monitoring.
- Vacuum assist available on all machines.
- Central melt furnaces with high efficiency holding furnaces at each machine for best alloy temperature control.
- Automatic alloy ladling, automatic die spraying, and robotic casting extraction for greatest repeatability.
- Hydraulic trim presses ranging from 25 tons to 80 tons.
Shot blasting, vibratory, sanding, ball burnishing.
Polishing, buffing, painting (wet, powder, and e-coat), anodizing, impregnation, and plating (decorative and hard chrome finishes).
- (11) vertical and horizontal CNC machining centers and lathes. Various stand-alone automated and manual drill / tap stations.
- Dedicated and flexible type machining centers.
- Full engineering and toolroom services.
- Inland offers in-house metal flow and thermal analysis utilizing both MAGMASOFT Simulation Software and thermal imaging equipment and software.
- Models accepted in various formats including Solidworks, Pro-E, Autodesk, and Unigraphics.
QC Lab Capabilities:
- Spectrometer for metallurgical analysis of alloys, real-time X-ray, CMM’s, destructive testing, pressure/leak-testing, and gaging.
- Real-time shot monitoring system.
- Inland offers a full-range of rapid-prototyping services and can assist you in determining the best process to meet your requirements (e.g., timing and functionality).
- Activities include engineering, tool build, process management (e.g., machine complete from billet, sand-cast, plaster-cast, investment cast, die cast in P20 tooling, etc.), inspection and delivery.