2249 Old Liberty Road
Liberty, SC 29657
E-mail: [email protected]
Imperial Die Casting was founded in 1966 in Liberty, South Carolina (near Spartanburg, NC ) and acquired by RCM Industries in 1988. It has grown to a 90,000 S.F. modern facility. Imperial is IATF 16949:2016 Quality Management Certified for manufacturing and machining of aluminum die cast components in automobile manufacturing and among other industries for die cast parts to precise standards. RCM is renowned as key to the progress of modern die casting. You will benefit with Imperial’s expertise in producing premium aluminum die castings that require close tolerances, pressure tightness, good surface finish, and many various secondary operations.
To provide you the finest production processes at the lowest costs, Imperial utilizes advanced technology with economies of scale. You will gain in best practices in aluminum die casting and die casting manufacturing automation. Your special applications requiring high strength, fluidity, wear-resistance and bearing properties are important to us at Imperial and why we put your needs first. Discover why customers choose RCM Industries in casting manufacturing.
Imperial Die Casting’s IATF 16949:2016 Certificate for Manufacturing and Machining of Aluminum Die Cast Components number 654271 was issued by BSI Group.
Imperial’s Die Casting Capabilities
Quality Management System Certifications:
- IATF 16949:2016 – Certified by BSI Group America, Inc.
- ISO/TS 16949: 2009- Certified by UL DQS Inc.
- ISO 9001: 2008- Certified by UL DQS Inc.
Grand Total Manufacturing Space:
90,000 square feet
- (14) state of the art die casting machines ranging from 400 tons to 940 tons.
- Vacuum assist available on all machines for porosity control.
- Die temperature control available on all machines.
- Central melt furnaces with high efficiency holding furnaces at each machine for best alloy temperature control.
- Automatic alloy ladling, automatic die spraying, and robotic casting extraction for greatest repeat-ability.
- Hydraulic trim presses ranging from (35) tons to (50) tons.
Shot blasting, vibratory deburring, artificial aging, sanding, and parts washing.
Polishing, buffing, coating (wet, powder, and chromate conversion), and impregnation.
- (22) CNC vertical, horizontal, and turning centers.
- Dedicated machining centers.
- Mastercam program.
- Full engineering and toolroom services.
- Imperial offers in-house metal flow and thermal analysis utilizing MAGMASOFT Simulation Software.
- Models accepted in various formats including Solidworks, Pro-E, Autodesk, and Unigraphics.
- Imperial’s engineers are available to assist in the up-front design of your part to reduce cost and improve quality. Whether the program is at an early concept stage or a process conversion stage, Imperial’s engineers will provide the support in designing the part for greatest value.
QC Lab Capabilities:
- Spectrometer for metallurgical analysis of alloys, real-time X-ray, CMM’s, destructive testing, pressure/leak-testing, and gauging.
- Real-time shot monitoring system.