2249 Old Liberty Road
Liberty, SC 29657
Imperial Die Casting was founded in 1966 in Liberty, South Carolina. Acquired in 1988 and eventually growing to a 90,000 square foot modern facility, Imperial has the expertise in producing high quality aluminum die castings requiring close tolerances, pressure tightness, good surface finish, and many various secondary operations. As an RCM division, Imperial has full access to the leading-edge resources of the combined RCM corporate-wide operations.
For further information regarding any of our processes or capabilities, please contact us at [email protected].
Grand Total Manufacturing Space:
90,000 square feet
Quality System Certifications:
- ISO/TS 16949: 2009- Certified by UL DQS Inc.
- ISO 9001: 2008- Certified by UL DQS Inc.
- (14) state of the art die casting machines ranging from 400 tons to 940 tons.
- Vacuum assist available on all machines for porosity control.
- Die temperature control available on all machines.
- Central melt furnaces with high efficiency holding furnaces at each machine for best alloy temperature control.
- Automatic alloy ladling, automatic die spraying, and robotic casting extraction for greatest repeatability.
- Hydraulic trim presses ranging from (35) tons to (50) tons.
Shot blasting, vibratory deburring, artificial aging, sanding, and parts washing.
Polishing, buffing, coating (wet, powder, and chromate conversion), and impregnation.
- (22) CNC vertical, horizontal, and turning centers.
- Dedicated machining centers.
- Mastercam program.
- Full engineering and toolroom services.
- Imperial offers in-house metal flow and thermal analysis utilizing MAGMASOFT Simulation Software.
- Models accepted in various formats including Solidworks, Pro-E, Autodesk, and Unigraphics.
- Imperial’s engineers are available to assist in the up-front design of your part to reduce cost and improve quality. Whether the program is at an early concept stage or a process conversion stage, Imperial’s engineers will provide the support in designing the part for greatest value.
QC Lab Capabilities:
- Spectrometer for metallurgical analysis of alloys, real-time X-ray, CMM’s, destructive testing, pressure/leak-testing, and gaging.
- Real-time shot monitoring system.