You should expect your die casting partner to conform to ISO/TS 16949: 2009 in Aluminum Die Casting Product Quality management systems, as well as a variety of other automotive standards and RCM does just that. You will experience from RCM:
- Excellent accountability for product quality in every team member who participates in your custom aluminum die cast project
- Continuous performance improvements which are measured by industry-wide metrics that drive our team to meet your quality standards
- An integrated organization that applies technology-leading process controls at every stage of production for every industry served
To ensure you the best in quality assurance, each RCM manufacturing facility:
- Maintains laboratory and measurement areas that are capable of effectively managing product compliance to meet your specifications
- Consistently maintains strict aluminum density and porosity standards, process monitoring and quality audits occur at every stage of the aluminum die casting process
- Monitors, tests, and analyzes each of customized casting cycle to your exacting standards
- Participates in Quality Assurance and Lean Manufacturing training that demonstrates expertise in Statistical Process Control procedures
How does MAGMASOFT® Simulation Technology help in my aluminum diecasting needs?
To determine the best process parameters for ensuring quality in your customized die casting, RCM’s engineers utilize the latest MAGMASOFT® metal flow simulation technology. To ensure you receive finished parts with the best pressure tightness possible, your casting aluminum experts use RCM’s industry leading simulation techniques to develop the optimal metal injection and cooling process for your die.
Click to see the Magmasoft Metal Injection into Die Simulation Flow Tracer
How can RCM help me in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)?
To keep up with your demands, RCM:
- Utilizes formal Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities in compliance with our certification in
ISO/TS 16949; 2009 quality operating system (QOS)
- Reviews your part design to improve castability and/or eliminate further processing to reduce total part pricing
- Reduces machining stock on machined castings that will minimize the likelihood of porosity
What can I expect from RCM in Quality Control?
For accuracy in process of die casting your parts, they will be:
- Compared in production to three-dimensional models stored in our database with coordinate measuring machines (CMM)
- Gaged and variances between the parts and 3D models will be determined and in-production controls will be incorporated as needed
- Measured by using the coordinate measuring machines in each of RCM’s four divisions
To ensure you the best quality control standards, you can expect a full review of all factors involved in production, including:
- Project management with clear and well managed procedures
- Performance and integrity standards, and
- Documentation of records
RCM’s QC lab capabilities include:
- Spectrometers for metallurgical analysis of aluminum alloys
- Destructive testing
- Pressure and leak testing
- Real-time shot monitoring
- Real-time x-ray
For additional details pertaining to RCM’s extensive utilization of real-time shot monitoring, please visit our manufacturing expertise page. You can be confident that, regardless of standard or customized design specification, the RCM team will closely monitor for visual and structural accuracy during every production run.